HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY – BUT ARE WE REALLY INDEPENDENT ?
After herculean efforts by our freedom fighters, our country got independence from the British rule on 15th August, 1947. The constitution was made to ensure liberty of thought and expression, belief, faith and worship but the key question here is – is the mandate in the constitution really followed ?
It is a pitiable condition of the nation that a saint’s hearing is taking place in jail premises keeping in view his safety, instead of becoming so strong to curb the malafide intentions of the conspirators. We boast about our achievements, where a minister’s missing dog can be found in a single day, missing cattle of a minister can be searched within no time, but the conspirators breaking into the nation by leveling allegations on our revered saints are still at large roaming freely.
I cannot understand whether we are living in an independent nation as many questions still unanswered are hovering in the mind of the common man, such as:
- Whether our saints are free from false allegations and false cases ?
- Is our youth free from confusions and misunderstanding regarding our culture, values, traditions, history ?
- Are our judiciary and media free from bias and similarly our leaders free from greed and lust ?
- Whether nation’s youth is free from addictions and vices ?
- Whether nation’s youth is financially independent ?
- Whether our system is free from crime and offences ?
- Is our youth free from porn ?
- Is our nation free from child labour (including child artists in dramas, serials and cinema) ?
- Is the woman free from molestation and acid attacks or safe to move at any place anytime even at odd hours ?
- Is our nation free from bribe and corruption ?
And the list seems to be endless….
The answers to many of the questions is unfortunately ‘No’. We are boasting of our freedom while being tied up in chains of mental, emotional, social and political slavery reigning in our mind. We need to get free from such chains.
Why am I relating all these situations with the case of Sant Shri Asharam Ji Bapu? He is an innocent and adorable saint, who is well aware of the conspiracies occurring around him. Bapuji knows that media wants to be paid for highlighting the philanthropic activities carried out by Him and his numerous disciples but despite investing on media-houses, he prefers to spend money on the education for the poor, deprived sections by running Gurukuls assuring their financial independence.
He is competent enough to nurture the society with good moral values – hence the true Independence Day can be celebrated with his guidance solving problems in the society on all the above mentioned issues. Media houses should realize that they are wrong even after several attempts to defame Bapuji and His determined disciples’ have extreme faith towards their Guruji.
We want to celebrate true Independence Day in vicinity of our revered Guruji who is ensnared in a false alleged rape case some 2 years back. We want that the conspirators and anti-social elements should be brought to justice and our Bapuji should be acquitted soon.
We are celebrating 69th Independence Day without getting freed from the vices in the society. We sincerely hope that our revered saint will be released soon and this would be a step closer to celebrating the “true Independence Day”.